View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 04:32 AM

Default A hand vs. Amir Vahedi

Not a terribly interesting hand, but playing this is the first "TV pro" ive played with. Not too sure what he was doing in a 700 person, 200+20 tournament at chumash, but he said he was 'on vacation,' and i heard a dealer say chumash paid him to be there as a sort of promotion. The tourney had a great structure and was very well run, with blinds starting at 25-50 for an hour, and 5000 stacks.

I had about 6000, amir had about 5000. blinds 100-200. I have a very tight table image.

I open raise to 600 in MP1 with Q9o, on a tight player's BB. Amir calls on the button. Heads up.

flop is Ac9c7s. I lead out 700 into the 1500 pot. he calls.

turn is an offsuit ace. I check. Amir says "checking your ace, eh? ok." and checks.

river is an innocuous 3. I check, Amir bets 600, I call.

I thought his river bet was very fishy. I think he would have reraised preflop with most pairs that beat me. An ace was quite likely, as there werent many draws out there on the flop, and he probably anticipated a turn fold. Does anyone bet/fold the turn?

Amir was funny as hell, chatting up the whole table almost continuously. He busted pretty early though, which was a shame, the table chatter afterward was dominated by these two annoying college students.