Thread: The Frogs
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Le Pen is mightier than the turd

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't know much about Le Pen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I am bringing a few facts about the man to your attention. Your admiration for Taki should be tempered.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think my appreciation of his columns is an untempered admiration of every thing he writes, or everything about him or who he likes? Didn't I make it clear from a previous thread that there are things one may agree or disagree with in Taki's columns? Is a standard for writers that we now must agree with ALL of their views, and admire ALL whom they admire--or if not, shun them entirely?

[ QUOTE ]
Le Pen quote, August 31st 1996 : ""Yes, I do believe in the inequality of races! Olympic games show clearly inequalities between the back and white races concerning, for example, athletes, and runners in particular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cyrus are you claiming that whites are the athletic equivalent of blacks, on average? Got anything to back up that assertion? Ever look up top running records in recent years? Blacks dominate the highest levels of the sport of running even more so than they dominate the sport of basketball.

Obviously there are actual physical differences between the races. However, equality of rights should be the most important guiding principle. Equality of rights however does not imply, nor does it even have anything to do with, matters of actual physical qualities.

Now, IF Le Pen further asserts that blacks are inherently mentally inferior (does he actually claim that? I don't know if he does or not), I'd say that is a baseless and troublesome statement. However, that has no bearing on whether Taki writes a good column or makes some good points of his own. And I don't have to like every person a columnist likes, in order to appreciate their columns. Nor should you.

[ QUOTE ]
You could atone by providing a joke that's better than the Zeno ear-clapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's an old one by now, well-known to grizzled veterans of this forum, but for everyone else, check out this link:

French Military Workout