View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Estimating opponent call ranges

[ QUOTE ]
Hm.. my ITM is a bit below 37% at the moment, and I have a lot of ninths lately. I feel like I still don't know anything about preflop play during the early levels.

One thing I changed recently is folding a lot more in the SB (and raises in the BB). I used to call a lot there, thinking I had implied odds to call. But first of all, trash needs to hit at least two pair to have any value, and you're OOP all hand, so folding most hands there is probably better. Hopefully I'll notice that in my ROI. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When in doubt in the early levels, fold pre-flop. When I have a bit of a downturn and go back through hand-histories, almost universally I find myself tossing in chips in the early levels with something other than TT+ or AQ+. A leak I recently found was playing AQo frequently from UTG. No more.

I will complete the small blind with all hands at level 1 ($5). I recently completed with something like 93o and flopped a boat. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I will also complete multi-ways with limpers when I have pocket pairs or suited connectors. Otherwise, I do not complete other than with very strong hands.