View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Estimating opponent call ranges

[ QUOTE ]
Baz, I would seriously post some hands if I were you, your ITM stats seem reminiscent of my own when I started the $109s and I was getting too fancy, playing too many hands early and being too aggressive. When I toned that down = much better results and going way further into the tournaments (mostly, I still do have a few 9ths but that's to be expected). Obviously my sample size is also small, and 100 could just be variance, but I would post some anyways just to be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm.. my ITM is a bit below 37% at the moment, and I have a lot of ninths lately. I feel like I still don't know anything about preflop play during the early levels.

One thing I changed recently is folding a lot more in the SB (and raises in the BB). I used to call a lot there, thinking I had implied odds to call. But first of all, trash needs to hit at least two pair to have any value, and you're OOP all hand, so folding most hands there is probably better. Hopefully I'll notice that in my ROI. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]