View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: My first trip to the Wynn poker room (long)

Made my first trip to Vegas this week, too, and I also played at The Wynn for four days.

I found the cocktail service to generally be acceptable to good.

Most of the dealers were good, and a few were very good (note that one insisted that if I let the button pass me when moving from a must-move table, that I'd have to post). A couple of the dealers didn't do a good job of dealing with players getting out of hand.

I also appreciated the fact that the poker room was far removed from the gaming floor. No dings, bells, beeps, whistles, or cigarette smoke wafting in from afar.

The play was as bad as one might hope, with most of the tables I played at having 1-3 good players, at most. There were certainly some sharks, of course, and it was easy to spot the people that either post here or should post here. :-)

One problem I found was that they put the 15/30 games into a chain must-move, no matter how many tables were in play. At one point on Wednesday, there was a four-table chain, and nobody was happy, including the dealers.

Another note: The tournament structure for the daily tournaments was outstanding. I believe that has been posted about in other threads, but it bears mentioning again.