View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: My first trip to the Wynn poker room (long)

[ QUOTE ]
They didn't do a good job of keeping the table full even though there was a list, despite repeated reminders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I experienced the same there.

15/30 table got down to 7, then 6, then 5 players.
Somebody told the floor for about the 5th time.
There was a list of 12 players for 15/30 on the screen.
Finally, one peeved-off player suggested we stop playing until they do something about it (I could have played or not played...either way).
Went to men's room and then made a phone-call during our little intermission. Came back 10 minutes later and they still hadn't gotten players for our game. Took another 5 minutes after that.

No idea why they weren't doing it. They would acknowledge that they heard the request and then not make any kind of announcement.
Their poor dealer that down was getting pretty screwed as he can't make anything in tips if the game isn't going obviously.

No freaking idea what their problem was.
they kept calling players over to their 2/5 NL game. Then would still forget to call for the 15/30 seats.
It was pretty stupid.

Cocktail service was very good when I was there though.
This can really vary depending on the day and time.
If a couple call in sick or it's near a shift-change then it's generally going to be a long time to get a drink.

drink service at the bellagio (for example) was generally decent when I was there....but there were other times when it was non-existant.