View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: BR disagreement/fallacy

[ QUOTE ]
Personally from all the posts and info I no longer believe a BR is as important as I once thought. Even if your a winning player you can still lose a 500BB BR so what is the point of having one that big? I thought with a break even player or better with at least a 300BB would prevent one from going broke but obviously I was mistaken. I'm just going to do what I want in terms of my money management.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were in college. If you are, have you had no stats classes? Did you learn nothing from the posts, or are you being funny because you don't want to understand the points made about an acceptable ROR for any particular bankroll?

The 300BB listed so often as a reasonable starting bankroll assumes:

The player is a winner, at a rate of 1.5BB/100 hands (and for the sake of clarity, I would also add that this is over at least 50K hands)

This leaves you with a 5% chance of going broke if you never step down in limits. However, my own view is that I have a 5% element of ruin to "double my bankroll." Which means I don't spend any of the income I make playing until I drive that 300BB to 600BB, and then I reset my bankroll to whatever I am comfortable with and start again - with 300 units, and double that.

{by the way, it's pretty easy to see what you want for a bankroll given your win rate and SD; if you can't, use the search functions for it on 2+2 - I've shown it, but BruceZ is the master)

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]