View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: KK early in $5 + 1, did I overplay it?

[ QUOTE ]
Am I weird if I bet the flop here??

At least if hero pretty much always CB's after a pfr.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a 5+1. even if hero is a habitual c-bettor, the opponent won't use that information (or even be aware of it) to infer that the hero may have nothing and therefore call. since your hand is such that you don't have to worry about draws, this is a rare place where it's beneficial to slowplay. if you check the flop against a typical 5+1er, you open up lots of opportunities to win money on the turn. if the opponent hits one of his pocket cards, he's putting more money in for sure (given your flop check) and if he misses he may bet the turn with air anyway (just like they do on tv!)

if you have multiple opponents, fine - bet the monster since someone may come along. if you have a big hand that's not invincible to draws (trips on 2-flush board, for example) then bet to protect. but here, i don't see a benefit to the bet. if the guy has a six, you're getting his whole stack anyway. if he has nothing and is dumb enough to call a flop bet with nothing, he would be dumb enough to call later too.

the turn is basically a perfect card. it allows a guy with an ace or a flush draw to hand over chips. now you can value bet, because there are worse hands that call. on the flop, there isn't (except a six, and like i said you're getting his whole stack then anyway, no matter what line you take).