View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Rockford Charitable Games

Cash games are fine. 2/4 (I think, maybe it was 3/6), 5/10, 10/20, even played a 20/40 there before.

STT structure is atrocious. 1k starting chips. 12 minute blinds. 25/50 start and blinds double every round. 12 starting players.

WSOP step structure is the same, but with 1500 starting chips. 3 table tourney.

The $150 MTT is a decent structure, but 15 minute-ish rounds so it does end up getting steep at the end. If you are going to play this, make sure you sign up early so you get the early bird bonus chips. T3k to start for everyone with a T500 bonus for early bird.

Everyone who goes out without cashing turns their buy-in ticket in for the winners to be able to cash out 'within the law'. Dunno if thats really legal, but thats what they do.

In general, the majority of players are horrid. Lots of sunglasses and ballcaps. Beware 'The Stare'. Don't tap the glass, but it will be very tempting to do so.

I've profited every time I've played there, sometimes a lot, sometimes barely. I've been to 10 or so events. They do serve food and drinks, but no waitresses.

When they call an STT to start, its like a mad dash. There is no sign up list for STT's, they just say '$60 STT starting on table 12' over the intercom. The cash games have a sign up and more orderly seating.

Recommendations: Play the $330 or $150 MTT. Play the cash games at whatever level your bankroll is comfy with. Stay away from the STTs unless you are running SUPER hot.