View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: a hand where I fold TPGK and OESD on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
I was convinced I was behind MP on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why? A worse queen is a definite possibility, maybe even a jack. 0.6AF is passive, but not horrendously passive for such a high VPIP.
Do you expect him to have 2p or a set here? You appear to be getting an overlay from the guy in the middle drawing to possibly 3 outs as well.

[ QUOTE ]

not everyone caps AK preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
True. But I would expect a cap from a 18% pfr, in a pseudo-blind steal/isolation situation, with position, with a very loose donk padding the pot.

[ QUOTE ]
are you discounting 2 straight outs because of the flush or because of the likelihood of splitting?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 6 outs was just a ballpark number that I would expect you to have that justifies calling. I'd discount it for both; the BD flush is pretty unlikely and is only a problem 25% of the time when we hit our outs, so I'd knock off less than half an out for it.

So if we assume we split 1 time in 3, then that means 30% of the time we have half the effective outs, or 7.5*0.7+(7.5/2)*0.3 which gives us 6.375 outs. It's also true the limper might have AK a certain amount of the time; I don't expect it to be that often after his flop raise. Even for the odd time this happens, FWIW we're still drawing to 3 outs for a split. I think even after the discount for the possibility of AK we can make this call.

[ QUOTE ]

also I believe AK is very possibly in MP's range (maybe not after his flop raise)

[/ QUOTE ]
If we believe MP can raise AK on the flop, that's a really good reason to 3-bet. This really contradicts with the statement that you're convinced that you're beat on the flop.