View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: ***The OFFICAL Yankees Offseason Speculation Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Yankees,

Um, it's going into the second week of December now, and there have already been some pretty big blockbuster moves. I just had a question. Were you guys, uh, thinking about filling the hole in center, or maybe getting an extra starting pitcher? Oh yeah, the middle relief in the bullpen looks like swiss cheese, too. I mean, if you guys are sitting on your hands in the club house watching the 5th and 6th seasons of Seinfeld on DVD, I totally understand, I love that show! Just wondering if you guys were actually pulling the trigger on anything other than overpaying for Mr. Farnsworth.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],

P. Dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

would you rather them have gone out and jumped the gun making a stupid mega deal with would have traded away tons of young players and $$? maybe the perfect deals you had in mind werent possible. youre too impatient and becoming one of those disgruntled yankee fans who is always pissed about them not winning every game and being an unrealistic pessimist.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. What young players.
2. I've had a few discussions with you about the Farnsworth signing, and how you seem to think money grows on trees in this organization. That theory got a kick in the nuts earlier in the week.
3. I'm only an unreal pessimist because this is my last year in NYC before I go back to watching the Clippers, and I want a championship damnit!

I feel like other teams (especially those in the east, i.e. BJs and Sux) are going out and getting the pieces they need to knock us off our perch at the top. The Yanks don't seem to be doing anything. I know this is not true, there is undoubtely some [censored] going on within the organization to do with FA signings, but that's news I don't have access too. I miss the days when it seemed like NYY was always on the bottom line, sticking their noses in places where it probably didn't belong.