View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: How bad was I here?

Preflop: I'd raise this hand preflop. You have decent position, but that button sure would be nice. Your hand also plays decently well in a multiway pot.

Flop: Alright, so you just limped. In a pretty small pot (because you didn't raise preflop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) with just a couple of overs and a backdoor flush draw and several players to act behind you, I think you have to fold this. Although that ragged board is tempting to peel, I don't see a call here.

Turn: Alright, so you called. Well, we figured the K to be an out (or a half-out), so you should go ahead and bet that. Looks like MP1 might've just been stabbing with some ace-high something or other. CO raises you, so you should be thinking about reverse domination at this point. Honestly, the pot still isn't that big (only 7.5 BB), and if you think you're behind, there's a clear fold here. In the heat of battle, I would probably just call at this point, hoping to improve, but likely check/calling any river unimproved. I don't think 3-betting will do anything but give you a free showdown, or get the betting capped, which basically commits you to a showdown.

River: Alright, so you improved. I think the river line is okay, but I like 3-betting a little more. You're getting action from a junk K or a worse two-pair pretty often here, given that you haven't shown much aggression. A read on the CO would be nice, but reraising him is good, I think.

Recapping: Raise preflop.