Thread: What the...?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 03:19 PM

Default Re: results

This is good and correct thinking. If he didn't raise pre-flop, it should be in hopes he can make is 2 bets to a bunch of checkers on teh flop to thin the field. Raising on the button pre-flop won't wold anyone who limped other than the blinds maybe. I still certainly would've done it, but a case can be made for not doing it considering it would make a huge pot and tie people on to long shot draws. On the flop, he gets the perfect situation... the guy just before him bets, he really should raise this pair and hope to get it nearly heads up right there. Your statement about the collective field is completely correct. What if a club hits next card? Will he shut it down? I realize he isn't gonna fold a flush draw with the flop raise but he's cutting their odds and it needs to be done.

For what its worth, I put him on a big flush draw, then set and gave very little consideration to over pair. Call-re-raise screams flush draw in most cases, especially this position where he can still take the free card on the turn after building a monster pot.