Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: What do you do?

[ QUOTE ]
So you sit in the same place a try to grind it out? How long and how much $$ do you spend to give the cards a chance to turn in your favor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play until I feel like going home, or the game isn't good anymore. Last week I couldn't catch cards for nothing, and the few times I did I mostly got rivered (left down a lot). But I felt the game was good. One thing I do is bring an MP3 player with me to not make me bored. Last night I was getting hit over the head with the deck and when I was behind, I was hitting rivers because of opponents passive play in 1/2 NL. Getting good cards comes in cycles. You will not always get good cards during a session, and even if you do, you may still lose with them.

I feel that if you believe in the luckiness of a seat at a particular time, then you may be better off playing craps. You will get a result a lot faster (obviously -EV in the long run). As soon as I left my seat last night, a player immediately wanted it since it was so "lucky." I saw a player switch seats two times, the third seat he was winning with (nevermind the first seat he had me drawing to two outs and never raised my bets, the river gave me one of my outs.