Thread: women drivers?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 04:37 AM

Default Re: women drivers?

[ QUOTE ]
This has been proven empirically to be very wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you point me to some proof? My experience says otherwise. I tought a university level math class for 6 years and my students all came from families which pushed kids (boys and girls alike) to do well in math. In Hungary it's the only way to get accepted to the better schools, except if you're a super-genius.

Still, the boys grasped everything much faster, thought for themselves more, were more creative, while the girls tended to look for patterns, use their memory and tried to relate new problems to previous ones they've seen.

The grades in the end were about equal because what the girls were lacking in ability they made up in effort, but just like with driving, the girls had to force it and concentrate harder while it came much more naturally for the boys.

If the studies that "prove" equal abilities focus only on the grades, then they are missing some important elements in the picture, just like studies that "prove" that women are not inferior drivers focus on stuff like accident stats.