View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: I need a Set of poker chips

I have a set of 500 of the faux clay. For the money (I paid $55 incl delivery from 5star) I don't think they can be beat. Everyone in my game has a different set of chips (most have 11.5g w/metal inserts from various dealers) and I FAR prefer the faux clay for feel/sound. Factor in that everyone paid a lot more for their, IMO, poorer composites and it just makes the faux clay that much more appealing.

I do wish the chips were a little better looking (edge spots or denoms), but that stuff doesn't matter to me nearly as much as the feel and sound. One game of people shuffling/riffling with 11.5g metal-insert chips is enough to drive me batty, not to mention the fact that those slick chips stacks fall over all the time.

Plus, you take the money you save on the chip set and get some nice cards, maybe a couple poker books and you are WAY out ahead.

Final thought: If you play tourney style no-limit you very quickly realize you'd like enough chips for a color-up or two; the faux clays will let you put together a 650+ set for really cheap. And if a MTT is in your future, you really can't beat the price to end up with 1000+ chips.