View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Should I play 5/10 at the Taj?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's possible to lose 50 big bets in any limit game. I have never done it.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is either shananigans or you're weak tight. If your raising with strong hands preflop and raising with draws and trying to extract every penny out of a table that you can then there are going to be nights where you miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss and before you know it, you've dropped 50 - 100BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play tight aggressive. I don't play many hands. Maybe that explains it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I suck, but I think that if you're really aggressive you're going to have sessions where you lose 50BB. Perhaps you have a "stop loss" plan at 25BB? I just don't see how you can be truel aggressive and not run 50BB bad from time to time.

~FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably a difference in our styles. I play tight and don't play real aggressive at limit. I wil raise good hands and try to steal pots at tight tables, but I am not capping a lot.

If you are playing 5/10, it only costs you about $45/hour if you don't play hands. So in 6 hours, you lose $270 by not playing any hands. I find it hard to lose twice that playing hands. But I am playing very tight, taking advantage of the looseness of these games.