View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: ($27) PUSH or FOLD challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you guys but in my experience the ranges in SNGPT are way too tight. No maniac caller is calling with just 20% of his hands (or whatever that range is). Put in 30% for BB and 30% for SB and it's a clear fold. Even 20%/20% is only marginally +0.4%. Put in something more realistic like 30% for the SB and Loose for the BB and it's dead even money to push or fold.

I also think people place way too much emphasis on how people have acted in the last couple of similar situations. The SB could be a total maniac and call with 75% of his hands but if he's getting cards no better than 7 high every time you'll never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what 30% really means though! Are you calling with K4s as either player? I'm not, and I strongly doubt you are either.

If it wasn't clear in the OP - I was playing on the tight side but not *very tight*. One hand per orbit (and I missed last orbit) is not "LAG". I coincidentally happened to have showdownable hands on Hyperion's blind. But he knows it's me and I know he knows it's me. Plus he was playing tight today and I don't know if he realized I realized that. With these stack sizes - Hyperion has to call with a widish range because of his stack, but he's not cooked if he folds. Next hand, UTG is calling me if I push, so I need a hand. The hand after that, I'm UTG 5 handed, so I need a good hand to show down as 3rd place stack. The hand after that, I'm posting 20% of my stack in the blind, so suddenly I'm in the unenviable position of calling a push from Hyperion or UTG (from the OP) with a hand like K4s. I think I'd rather take my chances with FE now than be screwed as the shortstack later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put D!