View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Hands from the Bellagio ME when in a \"short\" stack

hand 1 im folding since UTG probably has 22+ or a strong draw like 78 diamonds. There very few good turn cards for your hand so calling doesn't seem like a good option as a decent sized turn bet pot committs us if we want to play. I don't like pushing all in on the flop. We only invested 10% of our stack and can get away right here.
All these reasons plus button still to act behind us make this a flop fold.

Hand 2-A push preflop is a huge overbet, that unless you have a rep for doing it with worse hands wont get you called by much that we beat. A smaller raise makes it so we have to push every flop OOP. I guess calling is best even though we are OOP.

Hand 3 Well the pot is over 5k and we only have 6400 behind so looks like c/f or push all in. Verse two callers i think i c/f. Another 6k won't come close to busting either of them so it makes them calling you with one pair easier. I guess these problems stem from making it 4bb to go preflop. Limping or making it 3bb would probably be better as you shouldn't have much difficulty getting your stack in if you hit either way(assuming your getting it on with a 4bb raise) since you only have 20bb.

Hand 4- I don't know David Levi so i am writing my comments assuming an unknown player made this raise. I would flat call. A reraise once again needs to be push since a smaller raise forces you to push every flop he checks to you. This would give him the option of putting his $ in depending on the board. I would rather us have the option by calling preflop.

I don't play much NL or MTT so im interested in how well i evaluated these situations.
Thanks
Mike