View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #3

i disagree. i feel like im getting exploited by playing hit or miss because the opponent takes down so many pots postflop against me.

just look at the numbers. im going to hit the flop 1/3 times while catching a draw some other small percentage of the time, maybe 1/10. (11/30) times i hit the flop. the other times he takes it down and makes a 1BB profit. even when i flop pairs or hit draws my pot equity isnt 100%. hell often have a higher pair or an even better draw or a pair those times i have a draw. but if i play hit or miss when i miss HIS pot equity is 100%.

to simplify, say i hit the flop 1/3 times. he has to invest a SB bet on the flop each time after raising preflop, so 1/3 times i win 3SBs and 2/4 times he wins 2SBs. hes making a fortune this way.

you can play hit or miss in nonmetagame situations. you guys are used to playing on party where noone knows anyone and its all a statbased game but when you get to higher limits especially on smaller sites things are very different. playing hit or miss sucks.