View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Consulting Career Advice- Is My Company Shafting Me?

[ QUOTE ]

Wow you really do assume a lot. You're a shoe in to become partner and a millionaire in no time. One question, how many analysts are there compared to vps?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I don't understand the snide nitpicking nature of your reply. I am openly discussing aspects of my life with neither arrogance nor pessimism. I gain nothing from either. I am trying to make the best rational choices I can with my life. If I aim big, is that okay with you?

Frankly, you are the one making assumptions about what I am saying in my post. However, I'll grant you that there's a lot more analysts than VPs. But I'm not too scared, most of the people at my firm who leave leave voluntarily and they go on to top 10 law schools, top 10 B-schools, other consulting gigs, private equity, or corporate management. These opportunities are not "assumptions", they are just a part of what it means to work in the managment consulting industry. It's why I chose to work here. Again, is it OK if I try to do my best in life, and ask others for opinions and guidance along the way?

BTW it's spelled "shoo in".