View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: OK, these are the hands that may be costing me an extra 2BBs each

My experience and ponderings have lead me to the flat call/chkRz line for these reasons.

1. My flop equity is generally lower than my turn equity vs. most flop 2betting hands. Many OOP hands will juice the flop correctly with draws.

2. 95% of the time I am raised on the flop (OOP), villian WILL bet the turn.

3. 3betting the flop betrays the strength of my hand, while calling is generally correct provided I have 4 outs or more, and my opponents know this. Or at least they know that, in general, I'm not folding to a raise on the flop. Players who play against me, or even assume I am a normal player, will bet the turn with nothing knowing I may fold the turn 50% of the time. If I 3bet the flop, they will get away from these nothing hands cheaply.

4. When you show strength on the turn instead of the flop, the opponent feels like he is closer to the end of the hand, and so is less likely to dump 2nd/3rd button hands.

5. If we assume that the next time I raise him, villian will go into call down mode with a 2nd best hand, the turn chk/rz gains us an extra SB.

Of course, this really doesn't have anything to do with the question in the thread. I'm not concerned or planning to change my standard line. Stop commenting on the line up to the call down or fold on the turn 3bet. Are there any more arguments for call down or for a fold?