View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: A preflop question. Party 15/30.

I knew that my thoughts on this issue wouldnt be supported by twoplustwo, because the standard 2p2 line for 99 against a UTG raise is to 3bet.

I was playing 15/30 and this situation arose. I actually 3bet the 99 here because that is the default, but after the hand I reconsidered and felt that I should have folded.

Now I probably don't have as much experience as you guys do at 15/30, I've only logged 12k hands there, but I give credit to an unknown raiser. I have a few million hands in my databases, so an unknown raiser is usually a fish and fish usually limp more than they raise. The party 15/30 games are very passive games imo and I would estimate that an unknown UTG raiser doesnt open with 77, and may or may not with 88. He is going to be holding a premium hand and I'm either facing overcards or a higher pair. This also doesn't take into account that someone behind me could easily have a larger pair or coldcall/cap with an Ax combination putting me in a folding proposition postflop.

I don't see value in this situation against an unknown raiser who I have no idea how he plays other than that I have position in which I have no idea how to utilize against an unknown.