View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Have you ever tried to outrun the cops?

A friend of mine is tearing down a residential road at night at about 60 (in a 30). A cop passes him going the other way and pretty much immediately hits the brakes and starts turning around. My friend made a quick turn onto the next side street, another quick turn up a culdesac, pulled in a driveway and turned off the car and ducked down. The cop flies by.

He waits a couple minutes, figures he's safe, and heads for home at a reasonable speed. A couple miles later (he was less than 10 miles from home the first time), the same or a different cop passes him going the other way. After a slight delay, the cop slams on the brakes and starts turning around. Friend hits the gas and turns on the next street, turns into a driveway next to a car already parked there, pulls the same trick. Waits a few minutes, then makes it home.

This was in high school, and no one was with him, so I'm not sure how much its exaggerated. I'm fairly sure that at least the first incident happened. He always drove like a bat out of hell and he drove a car almost exactly like this: