View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: MGM - misdeal or dead hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Floor messed that up big-time.

First, MP had no money in, so declaring his hand dead has no consequences to him, whereas a misdeal obviously has consequences for the raiser - he loses cards that were presumably good, so even by "customer is always right" standards the hand should continue.

[/ QUOTE ]More background - I was UTG with KQs and I was mightily pissed.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, as has been pointed out, that's why the line is there.

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely.

[ QUOTE ]
Third, he looked like he was about to call, meaning he had looked at his cards before UTG+1 raised. I don't expect a 4/8 player to be especially smart, but if he's smart enough to declare a misdeal, you'd think he'd be smart enough to look at his cards in turn. (And how much time was he taking for the cards to get mucked before he even noticed he had no cards? Dealer was grabbing folded cards in turn, right?)

[/ QUOTE ]Let's not give this guy too much credit for smarts. When I looked up he was reaching for chips and realized he didn't have cards. I had clearly declared a raise and put up my bet. I saw the dealer pick up his cards right after I bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who's trying to figure out what kind of angle MP might have been shooting?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think he was angle-shooting. I think he was pissed that his cards were mucked and just wanted to raise a stink to get the dealer in trouble.