View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Blind steal hand for review - just lucky?

If I don't know much about my opponent I would probably see the river as well....if only to gain some information on how his hands are played. On the river I think you have a pretty safe value bet. You are most likely ahead....there are times when you will get checkraised by the other player who hopes you have hit your A and he has 2 pair or something bigger but those times will be fewer than the times you miss a big bet if you check it through here.

I think his checkraise was fine....although leading up to this point I think I would have played it differently. After SB checks I would bet out right here, hoping either to win it outright or hoping you rasie to knock out the SB. If you just call my bet, I also get a little more info about your hand and if you raise I get some info on the SB hand depending on the action after your raise which will help me make a better decision on the turn. The BB was approaching his hand as best on the turn which he was correct about but I would have made a play for the pot a lot sooner, with a hand like 66 I wanna show strength immediately, before my opponents get so involved that they are going to see the river.

Allan