View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Poker IQ Test Draught (Long)

Of course you are right for the 2 to 1 favorit. But a pro doesn't pass on small edges because is point is to win or to save some time if he loses early. It is only another tournment for them. You see what I mean. If you go there you may not feel that way.

For the hands you should make up your owns, you don't have to copy it. If you are not going to publish your test I believe you can ask him by courtesy, but it doesn't really matter.

My example about the pot size bet is about NL. If you go for a check raise or a raise and want to cut someone's odds to call. for example there is 200 in the pot and you face a 150 bet, now if you want to cut his odds and bet the size of the pot you have to call the 150 and then raise 500. So you have to raise 650 total to give him 2 to 1 odds. If you only raise 350 (thinking that's the size of the pot) he gots 3.5 to 1 (200 to win 700).

I'll quote Harrington for the kings. He says he's not good enough to fold them preflop. Of course if everyone goes all in before you and they are all decent players you can reconsider. But like you said with the 66, against the range of hands they can have it is +EV so you shouldn't fold. I don't think KK preflop could be an example of a good lay down.

Hope that it helps. You should do a thread to help you to collect previous hands. And then submit your analyse of them for approval. I'm sure the good posters here will be happy to discuse the final line (once you prepared the hands). That's a lot of work though. You can wait for HOH3. I read that's what it will be about. Or use other books like that, there is a few (TJ's for example).