Thread: 150-300 PAYOFF
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: 150-300 PAYOFF

[ QUOTE ]
Were you calling unimproved ? Pair of 3 doesn't really change that much, I don't think ace high bets there as Paluka said. I think if you call and are good king high would've been good too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think so. opponent can see Ahigh flush draw here given the way JV played it and bet for value to be called by Ahigh if he has a pair or better than A high.

with the pair of 3s, you now beat those A high hands.

id call there all most every time in a tough game for a few reasons, being best is only 1 of those reasons. think of the hands you'd like to play like that and take a free showdown with. after raising the flop and checking the turn, many opponents will take special note of what you do on the river, do you want a free showdown? do you have a hand you're willing to call but not bet? by calling, it takes off a level of bluffing equity that they may think they have for future hands given you fold this one.

im not even 100% sure the call is -ev based on its value alone. in a tough game, changeups occur every so often and this could be one of them, although the smart money is probably on 55-77 betting this river. but i can definately see a busted flush draw or Ahigh betting as well as a bluff and two way bet respectively.

Barron