Thread: DERB
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]

and i'll start:

having played with DERB for a long time now, from experience I'd say there is virtually no question he is a very strong winning player.

I have noticed that DERB's VPIP has dropped and his AF has remained constant from the 30/60 game Ive played with him to the higher limit ones. DERB used to be 29 or 30vpip and has dropped a %point to 27-28.

DERB still, however, seems to call down with hands that just can't win. ever. I think he does this to prevent ever getting bluffed out of the pot. but eventually he should adjust if he is as good of a player as the rest of his game indicates.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

The only part of his game that appears to be good is his pre-flop play, because post-flop it looks like he missed Hand-Reading 101. It's bet-bet-bet and raise-raise-raise and hope everyone folds, or, call down or keep raising when hopelessly behind and lose a ton of bets. No big deal though, he'll then get back when they go back to fold-fold-fold.

I think you could give a monkey his starting hand chart, tell him to bet when checked to and never to fold any pair, and he could have similar success - at least that's my suspicion anyway.

There is no arguing that it is very effective, I just can't bring myself to start 3 betting hands that I know are way, way, way behind the range of the guy opening. It seems to work though, you just have to have the cajones to play that way.