View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Top Notch New Orleans restaurants?

[ QUOTE ]

Can you suggest a place with better Po'Boys for the next time I'm in New Orleans?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never gone to Mothers, so I can't really denigrate it, but here's some great local spots...

Domilises: Uptown, fried shrimp with roast beef gravy.

Liuzas by the track: Mid city, the barbecued shrimp po boy is what they are famous for; wow there is enough fat in that to last a normal person a week. If you find a woman not scared too finish it, marry her. Its a nice local bar too, but get a bottle of Barqs with the meal. Gumbo is really good there, and the food is practically free, cause you pay with the money you just won at the fairgrounds.

Casamentos: Most famous local oyster place in the city. They're not even open when its not oyster season.

Verti Marte: Divey French Quarter tradition, maybe too local for some, but I love it. "All that Jazz" has shrimp, ham, turkey, mushrooms, and tomotoes...all grilled and topped with melted cheese. No tables, but you can have them deliver to whatever bar you're wasting your time at. My favorite fried shrimp in the quarter.