View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Thoughts/Results

FLOP : The majority of the time, I find this to be an easy/standard bet/3bet situation. I think I got too fancy and assumed a few things would happen: 1)Button betting flop 2)SB playing back at him (BTW, 1+2 seemed ridiculously probable given the action from previous hands). Is that a bad approach regardless?

TURN : Standard. When button checked the flop, I "ruled" out the possibility of him having something containing the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], so I found his CC to be very odd.

RIVER : Button wakes up when an irrelavent 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] drops and SB calls 2. I ended up 3betting, Button capped and SB dropped out. I call and sure enough he has AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. My big question regarded the river play. A river bluff-raise vs two opponents seemed highly unlikely. I 3bet largely because of the presence of SB. In general, should I bet 3betting situations like these ONLY if I'm capable of folding to a cap?