Thread: AA
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: AA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't want to take credit for playing the river perfectly as you suggest any other way is less profitable. How is this not more word games? I'd wish you luck, but you clearly don't need any with the control you have over your opponents. Just be careful when you read their minds that they haven't misread their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have some sort of beef with me. I don't quite understand why. I think I've made a serious attempt to curtail the smarm I usually use to post, but whatever. Thanks for not wishing me misfortune.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, I don't think it's a beef with you personally. I've talked about this hand with a few people and every one of us has said check-call -- she's got AA or KK -- given the read you provided. You've given us information after the fact that literally makes it impossible for us to disagree with your river play, because the read you gave (she can have AQ, will only raise KK, and will bet AA if checked to) makes your best river play obviously the best both mathematically and logically. Basically you've constructed a situation in which it's impossible to argue the proper play on the river, due to your read, which since we weren't there, we can't disagree with. Which makes this hand kinda worthless to post, because what's the point of posting a hand where you've constructed the variables in such a way where there is only one proper mathematical play and you took it?

Hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, you know I like you but if you think she can have AQ and will bet AA on the river you know that bet-folding is the right play and there's no way around it. Which makes the whole hand kinda moot.

Rob