View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: something I\'ve been doing lately.

Yeah, the original question was much more of a general "is it ever right to coldcall from the SB" question. For hands like QT and JT with top pair potential but no real showdown value unless it pairs up, I don't think it's a horrible idea to cold call and see what BB does. Why pay an extra SB to drive the BB out? He's either gonna fold something like 59 regardless.Also,a lot of BB's, especially when it becomes 3 and 4 handed, won't fold hands that dominate something like JT or QT, even if it's for 2 cold. Or at least the lagtags I play don't.

As for the actual hand itself, yeah, his 4 handed stats aren't 25/20. That's just his 6 max approximations. For 4 handed most lagtags become something like 35/30. And I think folding the SB with JTo against a 35/30 button raiser is a mistake. When it becomes 4 max the range for steal hands of an aggressive player becomes huge.

I 3 bet with something like K7o, but for something with no SD value unless it improves, I don't see much point in 3 betting, especially since with how much back and forth raising there is during blind situations, people start peeling real liberally, and betting the flop and turn to make it fold it becomes expensive.