Thread: Media Bias Wars
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Media Bias Wars

[ QUOTE ]
I think we're moving back in that direction; lots of unabashedly partisan media, with a marketplace that chooses whichever news it feels most comfortable with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made this very point myself in the past.

[ QUOTE ]
In which case, why fight endless media bias wars;

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, which is why I have hard time understanding why FoxNews is as I put it is such a bone in the liberals throat.

[ QUOTE ]
no matter how loud we shout about which media sources are biased, the conclusion is the same: consumers should seek out their own media.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I asked the jackass who stated that watching FoxNews led to misconceptions and that's why it's a bone in his throat, if he could name the competitor to FoxNews which led to the least amount of misconceptions. Simple question that requires a simple answer. Which study can quantitatively show that one news source leads to the least amount of misconceptions? And even as ridiculous as such a study would be, it will still lead to misconceptions. It seems like you support the notion that following one news source exclusively will inevetibly lead to misconceptions. I support that notion.