View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Please Unban Josh whoever did it.

[ QUOTE ]
NOBODY was in here complaining about Dynasty banning regular joes for violations of this policy of his. But now as soon as someone you like gets banned, it's the end of the world. That is favoritism, and it's not something I think is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not understanding me. First of all, I was never aware of it going on before, I would be against it in that case as well. However, you're right in that I wouldn't care nearly as much. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that.

It's not that I "like" sthief, it's that currently, he's the snigle most important contributor to twoplustwo. I would like to see anyone argue against that. He's a top strategy guy (I'm not saying he's the best poker player, but he's very good) and he posts a ton of strategy accross multiple forums, frequently throughout the day. He will explain beginning concepts to noobs and engage in more sophisticated discussion in Mid High.

This isn't a popualrity contest. As mods I believe we should always be looking out for how to make twoplustwo better. Period. That's our golden rule. How can we maintain the high quality here and make it better. Getting rid of dumbass threads may do that. Banning one of (if not the) best contributor really undermines that. This focus on "rules" and "bannings" and all this [censored] is retarded.

Bannings should be reserved for flagrant rule violations such as posting really offensive material or spamming. There's no reason to ban a respected long time poster unless he clearly goes off his/her rocker and is no longer worthwhile. I don't think calling a douche, a douche, comes anywhere close.