View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: 20-40 hand, lots of decisions yet i just check-call the whole way!

"But then again you don't have anything yet and you're up against a bad player."

after 40 years of hold em or whatever it's been you surely have learned that a four flush on the flop is quite a bit more than "you don't have anything yet" right??

"a semi-bluff raise"

youre thinking about this wrong. a checkraise on the flop or the turn wouldnt be a semibluff raise. it'd just be a raise. no better hands would ever fold and some worse hands would call. well wait that's not true, i might get a 6 or 55 out on the turn if i checkraise and face the whole field with two bets cold. but what i mean is the turn bettor will never ever fold a 6 or 55 or A3 or anything there.

anyway what happened was i made a weird loose call preflop that i think was wrong only by a little (if it's wrong at all) given how loose and passive these people play and then i made a decision to not try and get AK or any other stray king overcard out on the flop w/ a checkraise. then on the turn i also wussed out when i decided i still likely had strictly a draw and nothing more.

anyway what a game it would be if something like a turn c/r here would have the advantage of sometimes seeing the preflop bettor sometimes fold a 6 or something. it'd be a game im not familiar with, but it'd make for a more interesting game nonetheless.