View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 11:55 AM

Default 10/20PLO - middle set in unraised pot

Party 2kPLO. Super soft crazy game. Villain is unknown to me which mean that he is a donk with probability of about 50% in those games. He didnt do anything stupid so far though. Dealing with random opponents is part of the game so I hope lack of reads dont make this post pointless.

I am in the big blind and have : 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Only Villain called and SB completed.

Pot 60 , flop : 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Sb pot it I called. I called because I like calling sometimes pot is small and this play doesnt cost me much value and maybe something interesting will happen on the turn. Just a random call.
Now Villain put pot size raise and SB folded. Effective stacks were 100BB before the hand Villain put 385$ in and have 1615$ left. I have 97$ in the pot thus 1900$ left.
When I was learning PLO it was instamuck for me. Unraised pot, middle set I am either crushed by 888 or have about 60-40 coinflip if Villain is sane.
On the other hand I saw so much donkness recently in those games that reraising (500 to allin) is very tempting. I dont like calling because Iam OOP and there are just too many scare cards , it would be difficult to play on the turn.
Ok , so what do you think ?