View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 01:17 AM

Default Re: The Passion of the Christ

that post was in response to all the comments in multiple threads.

sure, it's a film, but you can't really separate the 'film' from it's subject matter when you talk about it.

i mean, you can comment on it as a film, sure. but the stupidity and arrogance i see in the posts on this site (not that all is stupid, but there is a significant amount of arrogance and disrespect and stupidity regarding the topic of this film) are all largely related to posters' reactions to the subject matter of the film, not it's filmic merits or artistic integrity...

obviously, I am a christian, and I disagree with a lot of people who have issues with that Faith. I think a lot of people have some pretty big chips on their shoulder regarding Christianity, and I can sense the animosity seething between the words they post on here. I wish my own biblical scholarship were stronger. Alas, it is not. and I am not in the position to fight this battle. All I am called to do is proclaim the power of my Lord Jesus Christ. It is not for me to decide how or when the Holy Spirit moves in the hearts and lives of the people who read my thoughts.