View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: New Car, $50K-60K

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
now say you invest that 50K... you will gain money... and then you will gain money on the money that you gain... and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]
what if you drive a 56K car but you also have money that you invest. basically what if you can afford it and the nice car is actually practical and well within reach? are you saying that even if you can afford a nice car you should drive a cheaper car b/c its a waste of money?

i think life is too short to worry about the difference of 30K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying "never buy a 50K car". Not at all. But I think most young people (not that I'm anywhere near old) don't really how much that car will actually cost. There are a lot of young poker players (I know several personally) who want to and are buying 50K cars and it's a monumentally stupid decision. The dynamics of having poker as an income are unique, but regardless.

If you want to buy a nice car, can afford it, and have money to invest as well, more power to you. Enjoy the ride. But there are a lot of young people who shouldnt be spending that much on cars. You do see my point about how for a lot of young people dont realize how expensive it is and shouldnt do it?