View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Going to try playing live 1/2 for a living....

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is pobabably correct, but this is not enough to make a living. You must remember you will need to
pay for all your benifits, i.e., health insurance, social security, and taxes. It would be better to get some sort of
job that would give you benifits, and play poker part time. Until you can move up to higher limits. Otherwise you are putting your security in jepordy

[/ QUOTE ]

since when is $35K-$50K not a living wage..you must be kidding me..read the guy's posts...he just bought a car for $2K. If he is single depending on the cost of living of where he plays-$750-$1000 a week is a decent wage not just for him but 40% of Americans.

What area of the country are we talking about OP?

This is all hypothetical thu. It may be possible to make a $G a week or more in these games..whether or not the poster has the discipline, work ethic and brain power ..he will have to test the waters himself bit by bit..90% of these could I play pro posts are made by players that really dont have what it takes to play for a living-if they were more confident in their actual playing ability they would have a better feel for their earning power. Hopefully with some hard work the OP if he wants can make it.

propping is an option also.