View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: The turn paradox.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet and call down if raised. I reserve checking behind on the turn for when I'm actually worried I'm behind. Getting c/red here sucks but I really don't think its happening much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, true that it probably isn't happenning all that much, but since you're saying calling down is correct, then that means you think villian is at least bluffing/semibluffing a decent % here. Also, i think this type of player will wait to turn CR here with a lot of his strongest hands, so a lot of times calling down you'll be only drawing to 0-2 outs which sucks.

However, There are a whole lot hands villian can have that are weak, 4-6 outers, so you'd prefer he paid to have to draw. But if he's just going to fold with those hands, but will likely give you a bet whether or not he hits on the river, by either inducing a bluff or a very loose call, then checking might be better. Overall though, i can see merits for either play, and i doubt that either could be THAT much better than the other. Maybe i'm missing something, but i think that this could easily be a spot good to mix up your play without sacraficing much EV either way.