View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Help/Comments on PT stats (nearly 20,000 hands)

[ QUOTE ]
You are definitley not going to showdown enough if your winning 61% of the time when you show down...

Your PFR is horrible, need to get that up to around 13-14% I believe. You should also be stealing more often, 28% isn't very good.

You need to be more aggressive post flop I believe, right now I think you're a rock - you need to be a shark. Be ferocious, that's how you win the money. AGF should be something like 3-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think 13-14% pfr is necessarily right for everyone in every game. Many here have pfr's in the range of like 8-12 (mine's like 12 I think). Such advice might encourage the OP to start raising in too many marginal situations.

Pfr is a stat that should go up with time and experience (particularly if you start playing some 6max and get some experience with isolation and so on). Trying to force that to unnaturally high levels might actually have a very detrimental immediate effect on the OP.

The OP should consider the following:

1. Don't open limp in MP or later EVER, and start to consider what early position hands are really worth open limping.

2. Certain hands like suited broadway cards and some pairs like 88 and 99 probably deserve value raises in late position and are not getting them.

3. Consider whether raising in certain positions can help to get you to play more pots with the weaker players at the table (can you isolate a maniac by three-betting with AJ? Can a raise force out two tight players behind you and get to play against two fishy limpers three-way? and so on).