View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Got Fillmaff\'d? Post it in here! (Designated NC Thread, Episode

I had one really fun hand yesterday, goofing off at $0.05/$0.10 NL on Full Tilt.

I'm Cutoff-1 with about $18.50. UTG passes, called around to me. I have 6-4 of diamonds and call. Cutoff folds, button minraises, SB drops, everyone else calls. Pot is $1.25.

Flop is 5c 7h 8c.

BB checks, UTG + 1 bets $0.75. Call, call. I raise to $8.00 -- a huge overbet, but this crazy loose table won't respect anything less. I figure that if a club drops or the board pairs I'm toast, and all I want to do is run out as many draws as I can, being happy to take what was already in the pot.

Button pushes for $36. Folded around to me, and I actually think about it a little while before making the call. He could have 96 but I didn't think he did; my solid feeling was that his push had the same reek of "strong but not invulnerable" as my own raise did. I put him on a set, and figure he puts me on an overpair or a big draw.

He rolls over top and bottom, drawing thinner than I thought, and my hand holds up.

I'm certainly one to play the occasional crappy hand and really punish the opposition when I hit with it. The fun thing about this hand was catching someone out doing the same thing and putting a head-spinning beat on 'im.