View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Would you fold this hand on the bubble?

[ QUOTE ]
Got it (I believe). Consider folding so that you can continue to bully the table on the bubble. However, if you fold, you're letting the SB back into the game and you hardly have a commanding chip lead. So the safest route is probably the best. Call and get the SB out of the game.

Also, the SB appears to be pulling the old stop-and-go on you. And doing a damn fine job of it, by the way (since you considered folding).

[/ QUOTE ]

How much different are these 2 situations really?

Hero 3100
player 2000
player 2000
player 800

and

Hero 2800
player 2000
player 2000
player 1100

?

I don't totally subscribe to the idea that with these blinds and either of these two stacks, you're going to be able to fully bully the table at your whim. Even with position on the short stack. I think that either of these counts, especially at the blinds level 100/200, aren't exactly optimal for this type of play, and that the situation of the villain having 5.5bb and him having 4bb doesn't change much, if this bullying aspect is relevant.

Adanthar's point about the likelihood of drawing poopy at the higher buyins is true, but I think that you probably should call anyway, since he could just be running said stop and go at you, not just dieing for action with a big hand.

citanul