View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 08:20 PM

Default Re: $20-$40 Oceanside Hand

Hi Jim. A happy surge it was to see your name in the latest 2+2 font.

I would have bet the river and folded to a checkraise.

I would have bet the river because after the way the turn betting went down, I would expect a full house to bet out.

I would fold to a checkraise on the river, also because of the turn betting. If he has a flush, he indicated that he is already worried about a higher flush after you threebet the turn and he submissively declines to fourbet headsup. The last thing he wants to see is a pair on the river because that would put him in the familiar "if I wasn't beat before, I am now" pickle. If he can plow through that, emotionally and physically, and checkraise anyway with a flush (or less), in a situation where it is likely to be unthinkable in his mind that you would fold after all this fury, then all I can say is, Lennon bless 'em. He'll just have to take the pot.

I really missed our traditional Bellagio breakfast(s) at 11:30 AM during the WSOP this year with you and Morgan. Nothing is more disappointing to me than the spoiled expectation of free food. I'm going to pester Bob all the way until next year to make sure he shows.

Tommy