[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Based on personal experience:

Avoids
======
Venezuela
Colombia

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I dont know your experience there but I have gone their for 1 months time on 10 different occasions all of which have been fantastic. While I stayed with family, we took mini vacations to "Los Roques" a beutiful archipeligo for 1 week. It was very secluded and was great times if you like catamaranges and crystal clear water/beach. Also staying at the islands of Margireta are good times. This is more of a tourist adventure as compared to Los Roques, but is good times for beach, food, water. We took flight from Chicago O'hare , to Miama, To Caracas,venezuela and then from their take a 30 min flight to either of those 2 places. If you want more info just pm me.
-$

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in Venezuela for two years and saw a steady decline in the political stability and crime rate (which has since gotten worse). I've been to Angel Falls, Los Roques, Isla Margarita, and other nice spots and they are awesome but I wouldn't go back volunatarily now because of the socio-political mess down there. I have many Venezeulan friends who have left and will not go back until Chavez is gone.

On Colombia - been there twice, I loved it there - it is cheap, the women are more beautiful than Venezuelans, and there is a lot to do - but the crime is just too bad for tourism.