View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Three thousand dollars and a bag full of dreams

Are you talking about pot size that you lost, or how much you spent? I don't see how you can lose 13 BB on one hand, and some of the others it sounds like maybe laying off "raise" would be good. [ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you had two thousand dollars, a computer, and an internet connection and absolutely nothing else, what would you do in order to play 30/60.

Absolutely nothing, except a copy of SSHE you've read a million times, and having lurked on 2+2 forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we don't know if the fact that you have read the 2+2 forum and SSHE has helped, but taking $3k to the $30/$60 table for a single session gives you 50BB. Your chance of dropping that before increasing to $10k or so is pretty high.

I had a session last night that I remember going something like this:

First hand TT in the pocket, I lost 8BB to pocket kings.

Nexthand I played I had AQ suited, my flush did not appear, I lost 10BB.

I bled away 10BB over the next 25 minutes, then lost 12BB when my flopped straight was beat by a full house.

The very next hand I had pocket QQ, flopped a set, and lost 13BB to a rivered flush.

Is this really bad luck? No, just a little down swing - but it is 53BB in an hour - and -$3180. You might want to just play $3/$6 and move up every time you have 500BB for the next limit.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]