View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: breaking the 1BB/100 barrier

on absolute poker, if you raise from UTG 9 times out of 10 everyone folds
i avg 2-3/100 at 1/2
but if i there is someone that doesnt not defend there blind or will fold to a CR, sitting in front of me, that can easily double for a session

i read a post on here the other day about daniel nergraeun (sp?), and him having a party day where he just acts like a maniac, raising every hand pre flop, raising the flop river and turn. i guess he said he does it to get it out of his system from playing tight.

i done this yesterday, and decided, and made it a point to make the blinds have to pay double to play there hand everytime i was on the button, plus i read this can boost you bb/100, and its an important part of a higher limit game
and i ended up plus 65$

my advice, set aside 40-60 dollars for for your 1/2 game, pratice raising blinds, and ck raising the turn with nothing, and the rest of the all that stuff, its easy to get sucked out on in 1/2 so i attempt to be very aggresive, and it has been paying well

in the last 3200 hands im up 360$, thats counting my losses at NL, Omaha, and trying 2/4 for 100 hands to see where i stand