View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 05:31 AM

Default Re: I favour a small efficient government

[ QUOTE ]
whoa, only an armed people can truely be free???? Ghandi wasnt armed and neither was Martin luther King Jr.

[/ QUOTE ]

We posses certain inalienable rights, which include the right to keep and bear arms. A free society is defined by whether those rights are recognized by the government. That those particular individuals you mention did not exercise certain particular rights could not be more irrelevant.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact of the matter is that many types of guns a designed for the sole purpose of killing human beings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please be specific about which features of which types of guns makes them more lethal.

And even if that's true -- so what? Increased lethality means they are better served for self-defense. The guns I own are indeed designed to kill human beings (though not any more so than all other guns), and I do not hunt. That's what makes them useful to me, and why I own them.

[ QUOTE ]
Handguns in particular fall into this category. Rifles to hunt with are one thing, but tech 9 machine pistols are another.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, exactly, is a "machine pistol?" Methinks you have no idea what you are talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
how are special purpose people killers needed when a rifle could defend liberty all the same????

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, please be specific about which features of which guns make them "special purpose people killers."

I ask partly because if you are correct that certain guns are particularly lethal, I'm going to add them to my collection. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]