View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: So.... would you sit at this table.

[ QUOTE ]
Every winning online player has played against this kind of player but he only appears as a screen name. "Haha, look at this fish. I just took $xxx from him with his bottom two pair."

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

There's a HUGE difference between an unskilled player and an irresponsible/addicted player. Winning players target the former with the *reasonable* assumption that they are gambling within their means. But to *intentionally* target a player such as the one in the example above is, IMO, repugnant.

Do we all end up unknowingly playing against an addict at some point? Yes. It would be impossible for any poker player to do a background check on every single opponent in order to determine whether or not they are irresponsible. But the minute you tell me that Player X is an addict gambling away the last of his money, I'm finding a new table. The jackals can have him; I'd rather sleep well.

Purposefully targeting irresponsible gamblers is like holding happy hour for alcoholics. Go ahead and do it if you want. I'll pass. That doesn't make me a hypocrite or any other name you want to call me to make yourself feel better.